These Terms and Conditions of Use are effective as of July 1, 2015
These Terms and Conditions of Use (the “Agreement”) apply to your use of the website located at www.margaritavillebossiercity.com and any affiliated website on which this Agreement is posted (collectively, this “Site”), and any services, content or applications made available on the Site. The Agreement represents a binding contract between you and Margaritaville® Resort Casino – Bossier City (“Margaritaville”, “we”, “us” and “our”). Regardless of how you use the Site, you must agree to the terms set forth in this Agreement, and by using the Site you agree to be bound by this Agreement. If you do not agree to any of the terms in this Agreement, do not access, visit or use the Site.
1. MODIFICATIONSWe reserve the right to change, modify or amend this Agreement from time to time. If we make any material changes, we will post notice of the material changes and the amended version of this Agreement on the Site at least 30 days prior to their taking effect. If you have provided us with your email address, we will also send you a copy to the email address that we have on file for you. We therefore encourage you to keep the email address you provide to us current and to promptly notify us if your email address changes by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that you may receive any notices we send to you regarding material changes to this Agreement. If you do not agree with the changes, you should not access or use the Site after a new version of this Agreement takes effect, and if you are a registered user, you may cancel your account with us by contacting us at email@example.com None of our employees, representatives or agents have the right to modify this Agreement orally or otherwise. Your use of the Site constitutes your consent to be bound by the terms of the Agreement in effect at the time you use the Site. Accordingly, if you continue to use the Site after a new Agreement takes effect you will be deemed bound by the terms of the amended Agreement. You are responsible for regularly reviewing this Agreement and familiarizing yourself with any material changes that we send you as a registered user and post on the Site 30 days prior to the time they take effect.
3. SITE OFFERINGSWe may make certain services available to visitors of the Site. For example, you may be able to purchase goods or services, sign up for a mailing list to receive relevant advertisements and other information that may be of interest to you, post comments and communicate with us or other users, sign up for promotional offers and sweepstakes, download screensavers or other software, or use any other services we may offer from time to time (collectively referred to in this Agreement as the “Site Offerings”).
We reserve the right, for any reason and in our sole discretion, to terminate, change, suspend or discontinue any of our Site Offerings or other feature of the Site, including, but not limited to, content, features or hours of availability. We may also impose limits on certain features of the Site or restrict your access to part or all of the Site without notice or penalty. We may also require that you register with us (as described below) to use the Site or any of the Site Offerings. Our right to suspend or terminate access to the Site Offerings at any time is further described in Section 13.
4. YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND AFFIRMATIVE REPRESENTATIONSBy entering into this Agreement and using the Site, you represent and warrant that: (a) the information you submit is truthful and accurate; (b) you will update your contact information if it changes so that we may contact you about changes to this Agreement or other important information; (c) your use of the Site will not violate any applicable law or regulation; (d) you are 13 years of age or older; and (e) you will comply with the obligations and restrictions set forth in this Agreement.
Users are entirely and solely responsible for the comments, information and other content they provide and post on or transmit through the Site (“User Content”). By contributing in any way to the Site, including, but not limited to, posting comments to the Site through an applicable third-party social media service, you represent and warrant that you own or have sufficient rights to the User Content you submit or post.
Users are encouraged to exercise caution and good judgment when disclosing personal information (such as, name or user name, email address, phone number) on the public portions of this Site that allow users to post comments, communicate with us or other users, or otherwise interact with the Site.
6. LICENSE TO YOUR USER CONTENTYou hereby expressly grant us a perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicenseable, world-wide license to use in any way, copy, republish or sell your User Content. You agree and acknowledge that by using the Site, any and all communications and/or information transmitted by you to or through the Site will not be treated as confidential or proprietary.
7. PROHIBITED USER CONDUCTYou represent and warrant that, while using the Site, you will not upload, post, transmit to, distribute or otherwise publish through the Site any User Content that:
(a) violates our or any other person’s privacy rights, publicity rights, intellectual property rights (including without limitation copyrights and trademarks) or contract rights;
(b) is unlawful, threatening, harassing, profane, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, contains explicit or graphic descriptions or accounts of sexual acts (including but not limited to sexual language of a violent or threatening nature directed at another individual or group of individuals), is invasive of another’s privacy, or hateful, or solicits personal information from anyone under the age of 13 or exploits anyone in a sexual or violent manner;
(c) restricts or inhibits any other user from using and enjoying the Site;
(d) constitutes or encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense or give rise to civil liability; or
(e) contains a virus or other harmful component, advertising of any kind, or false or misleading indications of origin or statements of fact.
You also represent and warrant that while using the Site you will not:
(i) impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with any other person or entity;
(ii) upload, post, publish, transmit, reproduce, distribute or in any way exploit any information or other material obtained through the Site for commercial purposes (other than as expressly permitted by the provider of such information or other material);
(iii) engage in spamming or otherwise send unsolicited commercial communications, or interfere with or disrupt the Site or the networks or services connected to the Site in any other way;
(iv) install or attempt to install or promote spyware, malware or other computer code, to enable you or others to gather information about or monitor activities of other persons, or otherwise attempt to gain unauthorized access to other computer systems through the Site; or
(v) use the Site for any unauthorized purpose.
8. REGISTRATION; USERNAMES AND PASSWORDSYou may be required to register with us to access certain areas of the Site. In our sole discretion, we may refuse to grant you, and you may not use, a user name or email address that: (a) belongs to or is already being used by another person or entity; (b) may be construed as impersonating another person; (c) violates the intellectual property or other rights of any person; (d) is offensive; or (e) we reject for any other reason.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any password you may use to access the Site. You represent and warrant that you will not transfer your password or user name, or lend, sell, link, exploit for any commercial purposes or otherwise transfer your use of or access to the Site, to any third party. You are fully responsible for all actions that occur in connection with your user name. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or user name or any other breach of security related to your account, your user name or the Site.
9. OUR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTSThe Site and its entire contents, including, but not limited to, the trademarks, service marks, logos, text, information, material, software and graphics contained on this Site, are owned by us, our affiliates or our or their licensors or licensees (collectively, the “Materials”), or our users who submit contributions. The Materials are protected by copyright, trademark and other intellectual property laws and treaties. We make no proprietary claim to any third-party content, names, trademarks or service marks appearing on this Site, which are the properties of their respective owners. The Site and the Materials are for your information and personal use only and not for commercial exploitation by you. In addition, you may not (a) modify the Materials or use them for any commercial purpose, or any other public display, performance, sale, or rental; (b) decompile, reverse engineer, or disassemble software materials; (c) remove any copyright notice or other proprietary notices from the Materials; or (d) transfer the materials to another person. We reserve all rights not expressly granted in this Agreement.
10. COPYRIGHT POLICY AND DMCA NOTIFICATIONWe have a policy of terminating, in appropriate circumstances, the access rights of repeat infringers. Pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) (available at http://www.copyright.gov/title17/92chap5.html#512), notifications of claimed copyright infringement must be sent to our designated agent:
To be effective, the notification must be a written communication that includes the following:
A physical or electronic signature of person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online website are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that website;
Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
A statement that the complaining party has a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
If we give you notice that we have removed or disabled access to material that you uploaded to this Site, you may provide a counter notification in writing to our designated agent to have the material restored. To be effective, the counter notification must be a written communication that includes the following:
Your physical or electronic signature;
Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled, and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
A statement from you under the penalty of perjury, that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled; and
Your name, physical address and telephone number, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of a United States District Court for the judicial district in which your physical address is located, or if your physical address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which we may be found, and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of allegedly infringing material or an agent of such person.
A copy of your counter notification will be forwarded to the person who filed the original notification of claimed copyright infringement against you. If you file a counter notice, access to your material will be restored unless the copyright owner files suit against you for copyright infringement.
Sanctions for False Statements
Pursuant to the DMCA, 17 U.S.C. § 512(f), you may be held liable for damages, including costs and attorneys’ fees, for making false statements under oath in a notification or counter notification.